INGREDIENTS – recipe for 4 burgers
- 1 pound Ground Beef or Preformed Patties
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 4 tablespoons barbecue sauce, divided
- 10 slices of thick cut bacon
- 4 slices White Cheddar, Pepper Jack, Smoked Gouda or Provolone cheese
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns or pretzel rolls, split, toasted
- Lettuce leaves, tomato slices and red onion slices
- Combine Ground Beef, onion and 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce in medium bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals for home use and commercial flame grill for restaurant. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated grill, 7 to 9 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally. About 1 minute before burgers are done, brush with remaining 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce and top with cheese.
- Line bottom half of each bun with lettuce leaves, tomato and red onion slices, as desired; top with burger. Close sandwiches.
SIDES & OPTIONS
- French fries, onion rings or chips
- Coleslaw, cold pasta salad, fresh fruit
- Ketchup, mustard, mayo
- Wash it all down with an amazing bottled beverage